To make hamburgers at home, using a hambuger press is best. With this useful delicious food maker, you will be able to make meat patties of a consistent size, shape, and weight.
Choosing the best hamburger press is simple. You just need to review their functionality, durability, and working principle. Also read our related guide about best thin waffle maker.
Table of Contents
- Quick Comparison: Top 4 Best Hamburger Makers
- Things to Consider before Buying A Hamburger Maker
- Top 10 Best Hamburger Press Reviews:
- 1. Weston 07-0310-W Burger Press with Ejector
- 2. Cuisinart Stuffed Best Burger Press
- 3. E-PRANCE Hamburger Press
- 4. ACLUXS Hamburger Press
- 5. P.I.P.E Hamburger Patty Maker and Grill Press
- 6. Grillaholics Stuffed Burger Press
- 7. Bellemain Non Stick Burger Press
- 8. Lucky Monet Adjustable Burger Press
- 9. Shape+Store Burger Master 8-in-1
- 10. Burger Art’s 3-in-1 Hamburger Press with Recipe eBook
- How to Use A Hamburger Press?
- How to Keep Clean and Functional of Burger Press?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Verdict and Conclusion
Quick Comparison: Top 4 Best Hamburger Makers
Things to Consider before Buying A Hamburger Maker
Whether you decide to find the best hamburger press from among the options we’ve presented or from elsewhere, you will need a way to know that you’re going for the right thing. Here are some of the aspects you should consider:
1. Number of Patties
If you’re looking to make burgers just for you or perhaps one more person, then a burger press that makes one patty at a time is okay but what if you need to make burgers for a family of 5?
We don’t think such a burger press will be very helpful. In that case, a burger press that preps multiple patties at a time would be more convenient.
2. The size
How big are the patties you’re looking to make? That will be defined by the size of the burger press you purchase.
The main dimensions you’re dealing with here are the diameter and the thickness. Standard presses make burgers with a diameter of around four inches and a thickness of about half an inch to one and a half inches.
Apart from that, the weight of the burger is also important; the average patty weighs around 0.2 pounds.
Although the standard dimensions are recommended, you can get a press that makes bigger or smaller patties, depending on your preferences.
3. Sticky or Non-stick
This may or may not be a vital feature, depending on how you look at it. Of course, no one wants their meat patty to get stuck on the surface of the press but do you know what you can do if you want to save some cash?
A non-stick model will be more expensive than a sticky one. So, you can purchase a sticky model and then buy a wax paper to resolve the situation.
But if budget is not a problem, a non-stick model would be more convenient.
Burger presses are normally made of either plastic or metal (aluminum or steel).
Your choice depends on a couple of aspects. If you want a model that is both easy to clean and lightweight, then a plastic burger press would be ideal for you.
But, what if you also want the press to be durable? In that case, a plastic press becomes unsuitable. If durability is a priority, that is, you don’t want to keep buying another press now and then, then a steel press would be perfect.
Aluminum is also long-lasting, but it is also ideal for those who want a non-stick surface. Moreover, stainless steel is also ideal for someone who wants something beautiful to match a modern cooking accessories.
For metal presses, more maintenance will be needed. For instance, you have to dry the press properly after cleaning it to prevent rusting.
With a plastic press, you don’t have to worry so much about drying because there’s no way it will rust.
The storage of a metal press is also more vital than that of a plastic model. The former is bulkier, and with the agents of rusting in mind, storage is a crucial factor.
This might be a concern, especially if you’re on a tight budget. Ordinarily, it’s not easy to find good products with a small price tag, but that doesn’t mean they’re not there; it just takes some effort to find them. In our reviews on hamburger press, we’ve done our best to include the high quality burger presses with a low price.
Top 10 Best Hamburger Press Reviews:
1. Weston 07-0310-W Burger Press with Ejector
- Press your favorite ground meat & seasonings into consistent, perfectly packed burgers
- Spring plunger button compacts the patty tightly then pops back for quick patty removal
If you don’t want your patties to stick on the surfaces of the hamburger press, then you need a nice aluminum non-stick model like the Weston Burger Express Hamburger Press.
For instance, the item has a spring plunger button, and do you know what that means? Pressing and ejecting the patties is a piece of cake.
Being made of aluminum, this burger patty maker is easy to clean. And again, as the parts are removable, cleaning is quite straightforward.
If you’re making multiple patties, this item can be very helpful, as you can just use the patty paper to separate them. This paper is available in 500 sheets.
The design of this press makes it easy to adjust the thickness and the diameter of your patties. The standard thickness is usually about 1.5 inches, but you can reduce that by up to 1.25 inches depending on the amount of pressure you exert while pressing.
The standard diameter is about 4.5 inches, but you can adjust that by up to a quarter of an inch.
If you’re looking to make stuffed patties, this handy kitchen tool will be very useful. Its handle has a larger cap enclosing a smaller cap.
You can remove the larger cap and use the smaller one to create a depression where you can stuff your bacon, cheese or anything else you like, then use the bigger cap and more minced meat to seal the depression.
2. Cuisinart Stuffed Best Burger Press
The Cuisinart CSBP-100 is known as a 3-in-1, and do you know why that is so? Well, you have 3 options regarding what to use it for. You can choose to make sliders, regular burgers or even stuffed burgers. CSBP-100 is the best burger press for home use in USA.
Using this product, there’s anything to slow you down, as you won’t have to waste time getting a wax paper ready. Why? The surface is non-stick.
The part where you actually use the tool to make patties matters a lot if you’re to have a good time with this exercise.
Cuisinart made this very easy for you by offering a patty maker whose use is straightforward. You just load a meatball into the dish and use the lid/handle to press. Could it get any easier?
Want some perfect grill marks on your patties? The diagonal ridges on the lower side of the press will make that happen.
Need to make burgers while on a trip? The Cuisinart CSBP-100 utilizes a stack-and-go design that facilitates the outdoor preparation of burgers.
3. E-PRANCE Hamburger Press
- Easy to use, enjoy the process of making burgers and find homemade ones taste more delicious
- Made of sturdy aluminum alloy and it is better than the plastic
A press with a plastic handle, like the E-PRANCE Hamburger Press, makes certain that you don’t get too tired when pressing the patties.
Love camping? Don’t forget to take this press with you. Why?
First, it is relatively lightweight and easy to transport. But more importantly, you don’t need to carry a grill unless there will be many people to serve. You can just place the tray on a fire directly and cook the patty without a grill.
The inner surface is ridged, meaning your patties will have that appetizing seared effect once it’s cooked. The press also comes with 30 wax papers to make certain that removing the patties is a no-hassle affair.
4. ACLUXS Hamburger Press
- Easy to use, enjoy the process of making burgers and find homemade ones taste more delicious
- Made of sturdy aluminum alloy and it is better than the plastic FDA food certification
Do you want your patties to have a seared effect when cooked? Then you will be happy to learn that the ACLUXS Hamburger Press has a ribbed inner surface for making that happen.
It is made of aluminum with a detachable plastic handle that makes storage and transportation easy. The aluminum-alloy body makes the press not only durable but also simple to clean.
And here comes the most pleasantly surprising fact about the ACLUXS Hamburger Press. You can use mold as a grill when cooking the patty on a fire. That means there’s no hassle for those who love burgers and camping.
The next time you go out camping, and you can’t get a grill for making your BBQ, this kitchen utensil will come in handy.
5. P.I.P.E Hamburger Patty Maker and Grill Press
- PERFECT PATTIES - Mold a picture worthy patty or precisely even stuffed burger every time with our premium hamburger press; burgers will be the same size and weight with no broken or cracked edges
- EVEN COOKING - Patties are the same thickness from the center to the outside edges with this burger maker that is nearly 5 inches in diameter; creates perfect grill marks for even heat distribution
Are you on a tight budget and need an inexpensive but high-quality burger press for personal use?
Going for just over ten bucks, the press contains all the features needed to make the perfect patty with a nice round outline and consistent thickness and diameter. Furthermore, the tool is made of aluminum, which makes it long-lasting.
Being dishwasher safe, the press is extremely easy to clean so for those of you who hate doing the dishes; this would be an excellent choice.
Regardless of whether you’re a pro chef or just someone who loves cooking, a kitchen tool that comes with a 15-recipe cookbook is definitely worth some consideration.
Yep, that’s what you get when you buy this amazing patty maker from P.I.P.E. That means even if you don’t know how to make burgers, you will learn some interesting ways of making them while using the tool.
This press’s ease of use is also worth mentioning. Just by looking at the item’s pictures without even having it on hand, you will note that the design is meant for utmost simplicity. And to make it even easier, the cookbook contains directions on use.
6. Grillaholics Stuffed Burger Press
- THE PROFESSIONAL DIFFERENCE – The name says it all: Grillaholics. We’re addicted to this stuff! Being the master grillers that we are, we bring you a durable, professional, commercial grade burger...
- A JACK OF ALL TRADES – Our burger press is the perfect companion for your home kitchen. Make patties or stuffed burgers with ease. Cook them indoor in a pan or outdoor on your grill!
This hamburger press comes with a recipe book to make your burger-making experience easier and more interesting.
The recipe book contains directions on using the press, meaning that you’re assured to have an easy time preparing your favorite burgers.
Someone might be wondering something like, “After using the press, will I have a hard time cleaning it?”. The press is made of non-stick plastic, making it very easy to clean afterward.
Need the easiest-to-transport press? The Grillaholics Stuffed Burger Press is made of plastic, making it extremely lightweight. And as it has detachable parts, the press can be carried easily,and storage is also a breeze.
So, should the product ever turn out to have problems that you did not cause, then you just send it back and get a new one for free or a refund.
7. Bellemain Non Stick Burger Press
The advantage of this burger patty maker is that ejecting becomes extremely easy. You just press a button and your patty sort of pops out.
Perhaps you’ve had a problem with making patties because the patty always stuck to the surface of the burger press.
With its non-stick coating, the Bellemain burger press presents a solution to the problem. This will enable you to make better-shaped patties faster than ever.
When it comes to making perfect patties, three things are very important – the shape, size, and weight. These aspects depend on the patty maker,and it seems to us that the manufacturer of this utensil understands that fact all too well.
The press is precisely shaped with a diameter of 4.5 inches and thickness of 1.5 inches. And they also designed this press in such a way that you can alter the thickness by about 1.25 inches.
As the press is made of high-quality aluminum, you can be sure that it will serve you for quite some time.
8. Lucky Monet Adjustable Burger Press
- Its durable, lightweight and easy to clean
- Made of non-stick cast aluminum and silicone coating that is harmless to the human body, meet LFGB, FDA standards
Chef Remi comprises ordinary parents selling kitchen tools, and with their unique love for cooking, as well as the fact that they’re regular folks, they know what almost every young family wants when it comes to kitchen utensils.
If you want to get a cheap burger press that will serve you excellently for a long time, you can never go wrong with products from Chef Remi.
The burger press from Chef Remi is packed with benefits from the beautiful design that goes well with a nice modern kitchen decor to the way it works.
The handle is designed in such a way that it offers you just enough pressure to create a patty that withstands the forces trying to pull it apart.
Moreover, the handle is designed for maximum comfort, so you make as many patties as you want without straining. For instance, it is detachable and non-slip, so that with just a light grip, you can operate the handle and create patties.
The press is made from a heavy-duty aluminum alloy, making it possible for you to use it for a long time, even for a lifetime if you maintain it appropriately.
The surface has a non-stick coating which makes sure your minced meat doesn’t get stuck. This helps make the patty-making process while ensuring that the patties have a great shape every time.
9. Shape+Store Burger Master 8-in-1
- Press and stuffs up to 8 quarter-pound burger patties at a time (each container holds approx. 2 pounds).
- Easily pop frozen burger patties directly onto the barbecue.
With the Shape+Store Burger Master, you can make up to eight 0.25-pound burger patties at a go. Isn’t that amazing?
And you know what’s even more amazing? The press is able to seal the patties, so they don’t get freezer burns (if you’re going to freeze them) or stick to each other.
The fact that the press can make so many patties at once might lead you to think that it must be a bulky piece of equipment, right? Wrong; guess again.
Actually, the tool has a compact design, enabling you to stack it in the freezer with ease. Transport and storage are also quite easy.
The Shape+Store Burger Master is also very convenient when it comes to cleaning. You can detach most of the parts and clean them with soap and water.
To make the process even easier, you can just toss the parts in the dishwasher and let the machine do all the work.
10. Burger Art’s 3-in-1 Hamburger Press with Recipe eBook
- 3 IN 1 STUFFED BURGER PRESS - professionally designed gadget with 3 different functions. The main three functions that separate stuffed burger press by BURGER ART from other brands are additional mini...
- NON STICKING COATING - simply means that special burger press material allows to create burger shape and remove them with no worry. Meat doesn't stick to heavy duty durable BPA free non sticking...
Burger Art’s 3-in-1 Burger Press is a kitchen innovation that helps you create burgers effortlessly and easily. In that regard, the burger comes with an extra mini mold to help you make stuffed burgers more conveniently.
The press’s non-stick coat further makes the tool easy to use. Your minced meat will not stick to the surface, and that also means that the shape will not get distorted in any way.
This feature is very useful for those who want to make patties that appear as though a pro chef did them.
Looking for the most lightweight burger press out there? This one is made of plastic, a feature that not only eliminates stickiness but also makes the unit lightweight and easy to operate, transport, and store.
As the plastic used here is BPA-free, you have no worries regarding health or polluting the environment once the tool’s useful life is over. The press is dishwasher safe as well, thus simplifying cleaning.
How to Use A Hamburger Press?
Every hamburger press has its set of instructions in the manual, and you should take a look at them. Here’s the most common way to operate a burger press correctly.
1) Clean the press when it arrives. To do that, you will need to disassemble the parts and soak them in lukewarm water with dish soap then rinse them thoroughly. Use food grade oil to lubricate the moving parts.
Of course, you don’t have to repeat this step every time you use the equipment; we assume you will clean it after use every time, so there’ll be no need to clean it before use.
2) Place the tool on a level surface, ensuring the feet are installed,and the base is stable.
3) We’re hoping that you already have some minced meat on hand. Form that into a nice ball with your hands or a tool designed for that purpose.
Bear in mind that the weight of the ball has to match the specs of the press. For a 4-inch press, you will need a ball of around 4 oz, and for a 5-inch press, an 8-oz ball will be more suitable.
4) Remove the press handle to reveal the press dish and place your meatball in the dish.
Handy tip: If you’re using a sticky burger press, then you will need to cover the top with a wax paper to prevent sticking. On the other hand, if the press is non-stick, there’s no need for that.
- Place the handle on top and apply pressure on the ball, as though closing the dish.
- Release the handle and push the bottom tray up from the lower side. The tray will go up all the way, exposing a nice meat patty.
Tip: Depending on the kind of press you’re using, there might be larger and smaller cap on the handle, and that allows you to make a stuffed patty.
If you have such a handle, here’s how you can make a stuffed patty:
- Divide the meatball into two small balls (one ball should be a bit bigger than the other).
- Place one bigger ball in the press dish.
- Remove the larger outer cap from the handle.
- Use the smaller inner cap to press the meatball. That should create some kind of depression in there.
- Put some cheddar cheese and buffalo sauce or any other seasoning you prefer in there.
- Flatten out the other ball and place it on top.
- Reinstall the larger cap onto the handle.
- Press. If there is beef protruding on the edges, trim it with your fingers.
- Remove the patty.
Caution: Be sure to remove the wax paper or the cling foil before grilling the patty. Those are not edible.
Do you want to make perfect hamburger patty? You can see the video to make your patties.
How to Keep Clean and Functional of Burger Press?
All kitchen utensils should be kept in good condition, as most of what goes into your stomach comes through them at some point.
To avoid taking contaminated food, ensure that the press is clean before using it. We recommend cleaning the press after use every time. Detach all the removable parts and clean them thoroughly with soap and water.
Tip: When you first purchase the press, be sure to sanitize it using quats. That way, you will kill all the bacteria it might be carrying.
Tip: Dry the press thoroughly after cleaning it and store it in a safe, dry place away from contaminants.
Tip: Don’t use abrasives like steel wool to clean the parts, as that might reduce the pressing efficiency of the tool.
Tip: wash the utensil by hand rather than in the dishwasher.
Process for cleaning a hamburger press:
- Get off any unused wax paper supply from the holder and remove the holder.
- Remove all the removable parts of the press, including the holder caps and the lower tray.
- Soak all the parts in soapy water and wash them. Be sure to remove any grease and other debris on the parts. You can use a mild detergent to make the wash more effective.
- Rinse the parts and sanitize them with quats. This will help clean any bacteria present.
- Let the parts dry completely before reassembling them.
Tip: Before you reassemble the parts, you might want to lubricate the moving parts. Be sure to use food-grade oil only.
The manual that comes with the press contains more info on how to use and maintain/clean the equipment along with precautions that you need to take for your safety.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) How does a hamburger press work?
Basically, you just place a meatball in the dish, then use the lid to press the ball and transform it into a patty. You could also alter the thickness of the patty by pressing harder or lighter.
2) Why do I need a hamburger press?
If you want to be able to make nice burgers that appear as though they were done by a professional chef, then you need them to be of consistent size, shape, and weight.
3) What are the advantages of using a hamburger press?
It helps you make patties faster and more easily. It also helps you make consistent patties with a nice round shape and the thickness you prefer. And do you know what?
A patty with a consistent size and shape cooks better and makes the result even more appealing.
4) How many patties does a burger press make at a time?
Most burger presses make a burger at a time, but there are models designed to make multiple burgers at a go.
For instance, the Shape+Store Burger Master 8-in-1 makes eight patties at a time.
5) Are there any disadvantages to using a burger press?
We’re assuming that this question is based on the kind of burger press you buy. Okay, with a good burger press, there are no disadvantages; at least not any that we’re aware of. The problem surfaces when you’re using a sticky press, for instance.
With such a press, you have to devise a way to deal with the stickiness; you can use a wax paper for example, but some people don’t find that very convenient.
To avoid that, why not go for a non-stick model?
Final Verdict and Conclusion
The main goal of this post was to help you find the best hamburger press on the market today, and we hope the review section has been helpful.
Remember, to find the most suitable hamburger press for your needs, you need to consider aspects like the size and the materials used to make the press.