5 Best Cookware for Electric Coil Stoves in 2019
Shopping for the electric stoves cookware in food preparation can be challenging. Electric stoves can often heat pots and pans unevenly, so finding the right cookware is important.
A reliable set of cookware made from stainless steel, aluminum, copper or other solid materials can reduce hot or cold spots.
Cooking a meal on an electric stove can be done with more efficiency and precision when using the right pots and pans for the job.
What should you look for? What features are most desirable? Which sets are affordable? Hopefully this in-depth article will answer your questions.
Table of Contents
- What To Look for When Buying Pots and Pans for Electric Stove?
- Features of High-quality Electric Stove Pans
- Top 5 Best Cookware for Electric Coil Stoves:
- 1. Duxtop- 17 Pieces Stainless Steel Induction Cookware Set for Stove
- 2. Magma 10 Piece Gourmet Nesting Stainless Steel Cookware for Gas, Electric Cooktops
- 3. T-fal E918SE Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set
- 4. Cook N Home Cookware Set Designed for Electric Stoves
- 5. Stove Flat Top Griddle for an Electric Coil Range by Steelmade USA
- Types of Cookware for an Electric Coil Stove:
- 1. Stainless Steel
What To Look for When Buying Pots and Pans for Electric Stove?
1. Shape of Cookware
Flat bottoms are essential, as they keep in contact with the burners and evenly distribute heat.
2. Gauge of Cookware
Cookware that has a medium to heavy weight ensures pots and pans won't slide around. Heavier items will heat more consistently.
Materials such as copper, aluminum, stainless steel, and cast iron are used for their heat distribution and sturdiness. Stainless steel is often combined with an aluminum core for maximum strength and functionality.
4. Lids and Handles
Heat-resistant handles and vented lids that fight tight are essential.
5. Heat Threshold
Pots and pans that can be used on the stove and in the oven at high heats increases the versatility of your cookware. Not only can you cook on the stove, but you can keep food warm in the oven.
Features of High-quality Electric Stove Pans
- Flat bottom for even cooking
- Medium to heavy weight
- Stainless Steel
- Beautiful finishes
- Sturdy, heat-resistant handles
- Ability to withstand high heat
- Combined materials for strength
- Vented and snug lids
Top 5 Best Cookware for Electric Coil Stoves:
1. Duxtop- 17 Pieces Stainless Steel Induction Cookware Set for Stove
1. Several Pan Sizes and Options
This model is in the running for the best cookware set for electric stoves due to its versatility and variety.
Seventeen separate pieces provide every basic pot or pan a cook of any level may need. Three kitchen utensils also come with it.
Parts include two fry pans without lids, a saucepan with a lid, a stock pot with a lid, a strainer, a fry basket and a saute pan with a lid.
2. Stainless Steel Construction
Stainless steel is all the rage in kitchens these days, and this set looks attractive while remaining functional. Using a stainless steel and aluminum composite, these pots and pans are built to last a long time.
Stainless steel resists wear and tear. This material also conducts heat consistently, even on an electric stove, and reduces the chance of hot and cold spots in the pan.
3. Oven Safe
One major advantage these pots and pans have is their varied use. Because they can withstand temperatures up to 550 degrees Fahrenheit, they can be moved from the stove top to the oven with ease. Since they can be used in both places, the value of this cookware set is increased.
4. Riveted Handles
The sturdy construction of these pots and pans is visible in the riveted handles. The handles are also ergonomically designed for maximum comfort.
There is minimal slipping or sliding when cooking with these items. They are also heat-resistant, so no pot holder or oven gloves will be necessary when handling these pots and pans.
5. High Gloss Shine Finish
Functionality is always nice, but looking good is a priority for most cooks too. This cookware set has a beautiful glossy finish that will look attractive on any kitchen shelf.
The stainless steel construction creates a striking, modern look. This set has a professional appearance to it that any home cook would be proud to display and use.
6. Lifetime Limited Warranty
One of the top things about this cookware set is the lifetime limited warranty. These items were built to last for years, and the warranty proves it. You will know you'll be making a sound long term investment.
- Beautiful shiny finish
- Lifetime limited warranty
- Maximum versatility with several pan sizes
- Sturdy handles and lids
- Can withstand temperatures up to 550 degrees Fahrenheit
- Usable on electric stoves and other types of stoves
- Made with stainless steel and aluminum composite
- Dishwasher-safe and easy to clean
- Can be placed in freezer without damage risk
- Comes with utensils
- Expense is greater
- Fry pans do not come with lids
- Pans must be specially seasoned to prevent food sticking to them
2. Magma 10 Piece Gourmet Nesting Stainless Steel Cookware for Gas, Electric Cooktops
1. Made for Use in RVs and Boats
Whether you live in an RV, boat or other small place, this cookware set is small but functional, this set has 10 pieces total.
Parts include a large stock pot, a saute pan that can also double as a skillet, three saucepans of differing sizes, two interchangeable handles, two interchangeable lids and a cord for storage.
2. Easy to Store and Stack
Made for small spaces in mind, these pots and pans can be stacked to maximize your space. The handles can be removed from the saute and sauce pans to enable easy stacking.
The bungee cord that's provided can keep everything stable, which may come in handy in an RV or boat where constant motion may be an issue.
3. Oven Safe
Able to withstand high temperatures due to the stainless steel construction, these pots and pans can move from the electric stove to oven. Be sure to remove the handles before placing the pans inside the oven.
4. Interchangeable Lids and Removable Handles
Not only do the interchangeable lids and removable handles make storage easy, they simplify everything. A removable handle makes the pot or pan oven safe.
No more fumbling for a lid when you need one. Having fewer lids to maneuver can save space on the shelf and on the stove.
5. Comes with Bungee Cord
A bungee cord is a convenient addition to this set. If your kitchen area are constantly in motion, you'll need something to secure your cookware with. The bungee cord eliminates an additional purchase after acquire this cookware set.
6. Stainless Steel with Mirror Finish
There's no need to sacrifice looks for function. This cookware set is made from professional-grade stainless steel and provides an even cook on food. It also has a mirror-like polish that gleams.
Cooking with these pots and pans can make you feel like a professional even in the smallest of kitchens.
- Sturdy stainless steel construction
- Comes with bungee cord for storage
- Can be stacked easily to maximize space
- Handles are removable
- Lids can be interchanged for simplicity
- Good for small kitchens or spaces like RVs or boats
- Mirror-like finish for professional look
- Fewer pieces but maximum functionality
- Lower price tag
- Good basic cookware set for any home chef
- Cannot be used on induction cooktops
- Handles must be removed before placing in oven
- Fewer pots and pans may reduce variety of uses
3. T-fal E918SE Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set
1. Brand Name Reliability
T-fal is a name that is well-known in the culinary industry. This company has been around for 60 years and introduced the first nonstick cookware.
They have made their name on quality nonstick cookware that is affordable and suitable for electric coil stoves. You can rely that this brand will provide long-lasting quality.
2. Nonstick Pots and Pans
One of the most annoying things when cooking is food sticking to the bottom of pans. These pots and pans eliminate that worry with their nonstick technology.
The nonstick coating can also make for cleaner and healthier cooking since oils and butters are not necessary.
For such a complete cookware set, this collection comes at a reasonable price tag. You can get maximum bang for your buck with 14 pieces of versatile pots and pans.
They are designed to last for a long time, so investing in this set can make your money go far.
4. Fourteen Pieces for Maximum Versatility
Get ready to cook across the spectrum of culinary delights with this set. Parts include two fry pans, a saute pan with a lid, three saucepans with lids, a stock pot with a lid, a strainer and a square griddle.
Each piece comes with a red thermal indicator spot that signals when the pan is heated properly and ready for cooking.
5. Sturdy Handles and Lids
Riveted into place, the silicone handles on each of these pots and pans make for secure holding and handling. The lids are vented and resist crack or breaking.
Each lid is made of tempered glass. All handles on the lids and pans are heat-resistant.
6. Oven and Dishwasher Safe
Each of these pieces can be placed in an oven heated up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. The ability to move from stove top to oven and back again can fulfill most cooking needs. All the pieces can be safely used in the dishwasher too.
- A whopping 14 pieces allow you to fry, simmer, boil, and grill almost anything
- Silicone handles are securely riveted to pots
- Glass lids are tempered and vented for safe usage
- T-fal is reliable name in the industry
- Affordable for any budget
- Can be used in an oven up to 400 degrees
- Easily cleaned in dishwasher
- Pots and pans helpfully indicate when they're properly heated
- Nonstick surfaces
- Aluminum construction
- Lacks beauty of polished stainless steel
- Aluminum may warp over time
- Nonstick coating may need special consideration when cleaning
4. Cook N Home Cookware Set Designed for Electric Stoves
1. Affordability for Smaller Budgets
This 12-piece set might be the best pans for electric coil stove top cooking for anyone who is on a budget. The low price tag gets a basic set of well-constructed pots and pans with tempered glass lids. All of the items can be stacked for easy storage.
2. Stainless Steel Construction
Every cook desires a professional look, and this set provides. The mirror-like finish of the high-grade stainless steel adds to its charm.
There is an aluminum core sandwiched between the stainless steel. This mix of metals helps provide an even, consistent cook.
3. Lids for Every Pan
Unlike some other cookware sets, each item in this set comes with its own lid. This asset can be perfect for anyone who cooks multiple things at once.
You no longer will need to search for the right lid since each pot can be matched with its own lid. Each glass lid is tempered for safety and withstand temperatures of up to 350 degrees.
4. Matching Handles
The handles are made of stainless steel just like the pots and pans themselves. This matching quality makes the set appear even more professional.
The handles also have a notch on the end to be hung. Hanging your pots and pans could increase your storage space.
5. Oven Safe up to 500 Degrees
The pots and pans can go from the stove burner into the oven up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. This versatility can prevent you from overcooking food when warming it up. Even the lids can reach a high heat without risk of damage or breakage.
6. Easy Cleanup
The stainless steel interior makes for an easy and quick wipe-down. Though these pots and pans are not nonstick, their superior construction minimizes food sticking and provides a smooth surface on which you can cook.
- Lids for every pot and pan
- Pots can withstand temperatures up to 500 degrees
- Tempered glass lids can withstand temps of up to 350 degrees
- Handles match stainless steel exterior
- Affordable cookware set with professional look
- Easily cleaned
- Sturdy stainless steel construction
- Aluminum core makes set more durable
- Can be used on electric, gas, and induction stoves
- Basic pan set with no special add-ons
- No nonstick coating
- Handles may not be heat-resistant
5. Stove Flat Top Griddle for an Electric Coil Range by Steelmade USA
1. Large Cooking Surface Area
This might be the best grill pan for electric coil stove top cooking due to its roomy surface area. This griddle can accommodate a 30" range cooktop, and with a 27" x 20" cooking area it can service most of your griddle needs.
2. Built-In Grease Trap
This model comes with a grease trap that can be removed for easy cleaning. The grease trap is even dishwasher-safe. Not only does this make the griddle easy to maintain, but it also keeps your stove top safe from any clogs or heating mishaps.
3. Nonstick Surface
The griddle is much like cast iron. It is oiled to provide a nonstick surface, and it must be seasoned to maintain this nonstick surface. Coarse salt can be used to keep your griddle's surface performing like it should.
4. Lifetime Warranty
The mild steel composite comes with a lifetime warranty, which indicates that you are making a smart long term investment when purchasing this item. The materials are guaranteed to last, and if they do not, you can have them replaced by the manufacturer.
5. Great for Frying or Grilling
If you regularly fry or grill larger quantities of food, a griddle like this one can be invaluable. With this item you can get immediate results without having to wait for a separate pan or griddle appliance to heat up. This griddle can offer maximum convenience when installed on your stove top.
6. Can Heat up to 600 Degrees
Never doubt your stove's power again after getting this griddle, which can heat up to a high 600 degrees. Grill and fry things to perfection with its high heat capability. Since it can reach a high temperature so quickly, prepare to have meals on the table sooner and more efficiently.
- Convenient for regular grilling and frying
- Lifetime warranty on mild steel construction
- Naturally nonstick through oil seasoning
- Can reach temps of up to 600 degrees
- Fits a 30" stove top
- Has a spacious 27" x 20" cooking area
- Can prepare large quantities of food
- Can be left attached to stove permanently or removed
- Grease trap can be removed and cleaned
- Grease trap is dishwasher safe
- Can be heavy to maneuver and store
- May be too large for casual frying
- Covers all burners when in use, which could be restrictive
Types of Cookware for an Electric Coil Stove:
1. Stainless Steel
Stainless steel not only looks professional, it heats quickly and evenly. Low to medium heat should always be used when cooking with stainless steel. It also resists damage and staining. This material is often combined with an aluminum core to maximize strength and versatility.
Copper is best-known in the culinary world for its superior heat conduction. This easily-bendable material is usually combined with other materials like stainless steel to prevent warping and wear.
3. Cast iron
Cast iron requires more care and maintenance than other types of cookware. However, with patience and proper care, a cast iron piece can be the best frying pan for electric coil stove you can buy. Cooking in cast iron provides extra flavor and flair to a meal.
Aluminum cookware conducts heat well and has the advantage of being less expensive. However, use a low to medium heat when using it on an electric stove. This material can be thin and lose its shape over time. When combined with stainless steel it is much stronger.
And, the winner is....
T-fal hard anodized cookware set. People who are looking for the best cookware for electric coil stoves, these set may be considerable. The brand name is well-known in the industry for quality.
This set offers the best pans for electric coil stove cooking, and it's affordable too. The nonstick technology can help a home chef of any level prepare meals with finesse.