Nut milk is a common energy drink. However, I figured out that most people choose the packed milk out of desperation as they don't know how to ignorant about nut milk preparation.
If you want your breakfast with some custom-made smoothies, add honey and nuts milk for making it more refreshing.
Here's how to make nut milk:
The technique you employ when preparing nut milk is majorly determined by the type of nuts your using. Some have to be soaked in water while others can be directly blended.
Well, it is important to soak raw nuts before you proceed with the recipe. Apart from softening the nuts, soaking also plays a vital role in enzyme activation improving the absorption efficiency of the nutrients in the nut.
Soak nuts like Almonds, Walnuts, Hazelnuts, Brazil nuts, Pistachios, Pumpkin seeds, Sunflower seeds.
In our recipe below we are preparing 4 glasses of nut milk.
Things you will need:
1. First, put the almonds in a medium-sized bowl then add 4 glasses of water and leave it for about 12 hours. (if applicable).
2. Secondly, drain the water in the sink (be very careful as nuts can pour out when draining).
3. Next, put your nuts in the blender then add 4 glasses of water.
4. Add a tiny pinch of salt (optional) and then turn on the blender to a high-speed sequence.
5. Now, wait until the blend becomes completely smooth (about 10 minutes).
6. Place a strainer over a bowl and line it up with a nut milk bag, then gently pour the blend through the bag (Ensure every drop of the milk collects into the bowl by gently squeezing on the nut milk bag) and then sum up by disposing of the remains in the garbage.
7. Lastly, refrigerate your blend (about 5 days).
There are dozens of ways to flavor your homemade almond milk. However, the key thing here is ensuring that you don't over-flavor or under-flavor your blend.
It is important to evenly mix the flavors so we would recommend you to do it using a blending machine. Just pour back the milk in the blender, add proportionate flavors then fire up the machine and in about one minute you will be fine to go.
I love flavoring my nut milk with vanilla and sweeten it with honey. Add needing tablespoon of vanilla extract in every glass of nut milk and 1 tbsp. of finely filtered honey.
We would advise you to maintain a nuts water ratio of 1:4
Always remember to thoroughly shake before drinking.
Why to Make Nut Milk?
If milk quality, nutritional value, and cost are your concerns then you have a million reasons why you should make your own nut milk.
1. Quality Aspect
To experience the ultimate sweetness in this nut-extracted it must achieve proper thickness as well as impeccable flavoring. Ever drunk homemade nut milk? Well, most people living in the United States are yet to experience with this super blend.
In their quest to increase profits margins, manufacturers often over-water their products resulting to less-delicious milk. Secondly, packed varieties are loaded with tons of preservatives including emulsifiers and sweeteners which compromise on the natural nut taste.
More so preparing your own milk gives you 100% assurance of the blends quality and age.
2. Nutritional Value
Preparing your own almond milk presents an exclusive avenue to cheaply customize your smoothie. The fact that you are the chef and at the same time the consumer assures you desired results all the time.
There is a variety of nuts which can guarantee you some uniquely rich nut milk. Sometimes, however, your body demands a combination of two or more nuts so as to get properly nourished.
If you are out there wondering whether to make your own almond milk or settle for packed ones, be advised.
Homemade nut milk is the best. It's fortified with double nutritional content, sweeter and cheaper to prepare.